Not too sweet. Great for when you have friends over for tea.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas (this is around 4-5 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (brown or white is fine)
- ½ cup butter or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Mix the wet ingredients (eggs, bananas, oil, sugar) in one bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda/powder, spices, salt) in another bowl.
- Slowly add the wet to the dry while mixing.
- Mix until dry bits of flour are gone.
- Pour into lightly buttered or oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for around an hour (it’s definitely ready when a wooden skewer or chopstick poked inside comes out clean).
Recipe tags: bread dessert sweet fasting